The deepfake detection tool is developed within the WeVerify project. The algorithm processes media items (images or videos) and returns the probability that this media contains deepfake manipulated faces. In video cases, the video is segmented in shots and probabilities are extracted for every frame of the shots. The overall probability (video-level) is calculated by the shot with the higher deepfake probability.
Deepfake detector approach:
- Input: URL of a suspicious image or video
- Analysis of the media item
- Result: deepfake probability score
- Standalone demo at https://mever.iti.gr/deepfake
- REST API – programmatically accessible using HTTPs requests in order to be integrated within WeVerify or third parties.
In case of interest, requests for trial should be made by email to email@example.com stating the purpose of use.